Thursday, December 4, 2014

Our New Kitchen

kitchenreno_01kitchenreno_02
I completely forgot to take pictures before we took our kitchen apart. I looked back through three years worth of pictures to show you what our kitchen looked like but couldn't find a single one. Found lots of cute pictures of Elle as a baby that made me all teary eyed though.

A brief description of what our kitchen before: lime green cabinets, open on the top and black doors on the bottom. It was fun! Green has always been one of my favorite colors so when we first painted them, seven years ago, I was in love with them. And really, I didn't get sick of the green but we decided we are going to sell our house soon, so wanted to neutralize everything.
 kitchenreno_03kitchenreno_04
We have a very small, what I've heard called, a "one-cook" kithcen. Thankfully we didn't have a lot of cabinets to paint. The few cabinets we do have was plenty!

kitchenreno_05kitchenreno_06kitchenreno_07
I took all the pictures with the flash turned off and its crazy to me how in some pictures the cabinets look so gray and it others, depending on the way the natural light hits them, they have more of an olive tint.



kitchenreno_08
We used the Rustoleum Cabinet Transformations kit. I think it was somewhere around $75 for the kit and it painted all our cabinets (not the inside...we got a matching latex, primer, base and top coat in one for that) with some left over too. We thought about doing our bathroom cabinets as well, but I think we are going to go a different direction in there. The kit had wonderful, clearly stated instructions with illustrations and it included the primer, base, glaze and the protective coat. We tried the glaze but didn't like how it looked, so we skipped that step and it saved us about a day. We really are so pleased with how they turned out and we would definitely use the Rustoleum kit again. I love the bayleaf color we chose and want the same color cabinets in our next home, but we'll save up and hire someone to do our cabinets next time. I will never take on a project like this again. Ha!

xo,
KB

2 comments:

  1. All calculations are handled by this spreadsheet including leasing using the numbers our brokers supply us. my website

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kit had wonderful, clearly stated instructions with illustrations and it included the primer, base, glaze and the protective coat http://sewingmachinejudge.com/

    ReplyDelete