Thursday, April 14, 2016

Elle's Sweet, Purple Room

Elle's Room. DONE. Well, besides hanging some shelves. Something I've been asking the mister to do for weeeeeeks and will probably never get done unless I do it myself but he said something about studs and a stud finder so I guess I'll give him a couple more weeks to get the job done.

Love this sweet room so much. AND SO DOES ELLE!

It was Elle's idea from the beginning to have a purple room. With purple not being one of my top color choices I tried to persuade her to do a different color but she stuck to her guns and never gave up on her dream of a purple room ;) and I'm glad she didn't because I am so happy with it.

My only dislike with the light lavender on the walls is that it makes the trim and doors in her room look sooooo yellow. I think if we would have gone with a light blue or even a light pink that wouldn't have been the case. But oh well....

EllesRoom05EllesRoomCollage02My inspiration for the room was the floral pillow sham. We had these on our bed before we moved to the new house and I was so reluctant to get rid of them and when I looked closer at the colors I knew they would be perfect for Elle's room. So I went into designing Elle's purple paradise knowing I wanted to use all the fun colors that are in the sham: red, yellow (bed color yay!), teal, and black.

EllesRoom04The rooms in our house aren't much bigger than the rooms in our old house, so I knew I wanted to arrange furniture differently to give Elle as much play space as possible. The closets in our new house are AMAZING and fit all Elle's clothes AND all of her toys which is awesome. Helps keep her room tidy and organized :)

My sweet friend, Erin, came over after I got the room painted and helped me arrange furniture. I would have never thought to put the bed against the wall like this but I love it. I think Elle feels really safe and secure with it like this too plus it gives her tons of space to play! So a big THANK YOU to Erin for being awesome and creative and being a great friend.

EllesRoom03See yellow door. Bleh. Same paint and trim color throughout house.... Sherwin Williams Summer White, yet for some reason up next to this light lavender it looks so yellow.

See also weird shutters on window. Those will be coming down SOON. They offer no natural light in this room and it drives be bananas. Another honey-do that will hopefully get done this decade.

EllesRoomCollage01Elle loves to play school so I set up this little area with a dry erase board for her to play school to her sweet heart's content. She is here 90% of the time when she's home. The other 10% is divided up between her Shopkins, her books and writing notes to friends and family.

EllesRoom06This is where she sets up shop for her note writing. If you have received a note or drawing from her you than you should know you are truly LOVED by Elle. She feels so big sitting at her desk with her pens, paper, and notebooks.

EllesRoom01Never. Ever. Please. Thank you.

I hope Elle loves her sweet space in our new home and I pray she looks back fondly on it. As much as I don't want her to grow up. She is. Every day right before my eyes. I pray this room is a comfort for her and that she feels the love that went into it.

Sources:
bed // Craigslist find many moons ago
bedding // Target [here] [here] [here] // floral sham old Urban Outfitters purchase // gingham pillowcase made by me, fabric from Hawthorne Threads [here]
patchwork quilt // heirloom
desk // awesome flea market find from True Treasures in Bentonville, AR
fur stool // Hobby Lobby [similar]
rug // Target Pillowfort Stripe Area Rug sold out
art //  random finds, most from old house [here] [here] [here] [here] for some of the Hobby Lobby purchases
lamp // hobby lobby [similar]
curtains // Threshold Naturals Moroccan Tile Curtain Black/White sold out [available in gray or yellow]
photo clip string // urban outfitters [here]
dresser // hand-me-down chalk-painted using Annie Sloan Emile [here] purchased locally at Red Hill in Fayetteville // knobs from Hobby Lobby
wall color // Sherwin Williams Lite Lavender SW 6554 [here]

Thanks for taking of a tour of Elle's sweet, purple room. Happy Thursday! It's almost the weekend!! We can make it!!

xo,
KB

No comments:

Post a Comment